I'll miss my lil green homey
By dgrundei on
1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS VR6 4dr Sedan (midyear)
I bought this car used with 43k miles on it from a private seller who bought it new and took excellent car of it. I have since put roughly 75k miles on it and have invested over $7,500 in maintenence unrelated to regular wear and tear. If something goes wrong, it's usually expensive. I had a lot of issues with the fuel system, replacing the fuel injectors and intake manifold. Had some issues with the wipers at 100,000 but replaced the motor myself for about 30 bucks. Otherwise, I love driving the VR6. It's fun, trendy, relatively fuel efficient. The heated leather is nice and comfy, the moonroof is perfect for nice weather. Other than sucking my wallet dry with maintenence, I loved this car!
Favorite Features
2.8 Litre V6 is quick. Trendy design. Fuel economy. Heated leather. Moonroof. Pretty violet dashboard lights. Factory sound system is spectacular. Great stability at high speeds.
Suggested Improvements
Make it more reliable! The cup holders are absolutely awful but it's kind of neat how they pop out of the dash, until they break.