1999 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbodiesel 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great car! Best I've ever

1999 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS TDi (1999.5) Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. Turbodiesel 5-speed Manual)

Great car! Best I've ever owned, I am 40
By RO on

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDi 4dr Sedan (midyear)

Awesome! Great car. The TDI motor is peppy (when linked to the 5-spd. manual) and gets 45-50 mpg. The driveability is excellent. Sporty. Mine has 70,000 and only minor things have had to be replaced, namely, cup holder assembly, glove box door, and power sunroof track guides. The only other bad thing I've encountered is that in severely cold weather (-10 to 0 degrees), I had the fuel "gel up" on me and had to be towed. Other than that FANTASTIC!. Best car ever owned, this includes: Ford Taurus, Ford Mustang GT, Plymouth Voyager SE, Subaru Wagon, Cutlass Supreme, AMC Spirit, Audi 5000T and more! I'd buy another one tomorrow.

Favorite Features

Dash lights, Very, very good sound system (Monsoon). Ride, engine, 5- speed, mpg (45ish). sportiness, "Audiness". Suspension, driveability, road hugging. Lack of problems.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder assembly (front and rear), glove box door. What is that "goop" coming down from the door hinges onto to the frame?