CAN ANYBODY FIX THIS CAR?
By Dieseled out on
1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDi 4dr Sedan (midyear)
This car was supposed to be my answer to commuting. I cannot keep it on the road. Check engine light has come on at 50,000 miles and at 90,000 miles it is still on. Volkswagen mechanics throw up their hands. What do I do? I have spent $2400 for the mechanics to silence this light. What is the 100,000 mile warrenty for? They still say glow plug relay. I began to bottle and sell the ooze that leaks from the doors. If Volkswagen could fix this problem, I would have a decent car. Power windows are a big joke. Fix them in a timely manner for God's sake. You could not run fast enough to give me another one of these cars.
Favorite Features
I love the dash lights. (If the check engine light wasn't always on). Doors still close with that Mercedes clunk. Even with all the ooze packed in them. Love that diesel engine...nice to hold up all the truckers at truck stops as I fill up my 15 gallon tank with diesel.
Suggested Improvements
Fix my check engine light. Please make a luxury diesel. I want leather, heated seats, climate control system, and dual power seats in my Jetta Diesel. Is this to difficult to build. Hint: Take a GLX VR6 and take the engine out and put in a diesel. very simple.