99 Jetta GLX after 3.5 years
By brianSD on
1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (midyear)
My favorite car after owning five
previous cars. Problems encountered:
1. False engine light @10000 miles.
2. Faulty brake lamp @14,000 miles,
prevented shift from park to drive,
fixed under warranty.
3. Sunroof liner popped out of track
@15,000 miles, fixed under warranty.
3. Cracked oilpan on road dip,
replaced my cost @35,000 miles.
4. A/C compressor failure @50,000
miles, replaced under extended warranty
plan (bought at time of purchase).
5. Passenger front window failure
@55,000, repaired and upgraded window
kits installed by dealer, no cost.
VR6 performance/quietness. Leather
interior, solid build and GLX options.
Stiffer front suspension to prevent
bottoming out; better quality control
to prevent window regulator failure
(should have been recall); better