Great Car
By great car on
1998 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg 4dr Sedan
I bought the car used with 103,000 miles on it in 2004. The paint is still very shiny (exclusive to wolfsburg painting techniques) and the suspension, wheel bearings and other components were still in great condition. The car has decent pickup for a 4-cyl. (faster than my honda) and the 5 speed transmission works beautifully. The engine idles very smoothly and is very reliable. My clutch did however go out at about 107,000 miles which is normal. I get many complements about my car and I love it. The only problem is the door trim, which any able bodied person can fix for 4 dollars by buying a tube of automotive adhesive. Install NEUSPEED products!
Favorite Features
Exterior design, color of paint and interior design. 4 wheel disk brakes all round. Alarm and keyless. Trunk space. Leg room up front for us tall people, not like a Honda.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders, handling can be improved by purchasing a 100 dollar strut tie bar. I reccommend re-chipping it, putting an intake and exhaust on. Makes a world of difference in the 2.0 crossflow.