1997 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Typical Jetta

1997 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

Typical Jetta
By VerbalK on

1997 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan

I bought mine as a cert. preowned over two years ago. I just recently replaced the muffler and a wheel bearing.. my first repair since i got it (the dealer replaced a few sensors when I bought it to make it CPO). overall extremely reliable, great city car and feel solid on the highway. This is my second Jetta, and prolly won't be my last. So long as I stay in shape and don't require a typical big butt comfy interior, I should be happy with the sparse VW. Also, my first experiance with a CPO has been great. I thought it would be a rip off, but I think they really did make some key repairs AFTER I bought the car to make it more reliable. Kudos to the Cooley VW staff in East Greenbush NY

great heat and a/c. easy to work on (assuming you have an honest mechanic with access to parts). great interior design. Nice solid clutch, decent acceleration, great steering and turning radius (like all VW's)

like all lower line VW, much of the little things are made of platic, and break (a/c vent for instance). It good because you can very easily replace almost all these items yourself. It's bad since you'd hope they could make them more reliable. and of course, the cup holder are silly.