The Good, Bad and Ugly
By cgwcolorado on
1997 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan
My car now has 165,000 miles and is slowly hitting the hay. When the car works it's an amazing car. Unfortunately, when one thing goes wrong you better expect to be making regular appointments with your mechanic for a little while. I have serious electrical problems, door lock problems, the ABS is out, the cruise control went out, only one windshield spray nozzle works, belts, lights, side molding, clutch, pumps, catalytic converter, hoses and transmissions galore. I love my Jetta to death but she hates the cold and the heat and is the end result of all my money!
Favorite Features
I love the handling, the power and how cheap my tires are. Even though it's not pretty on the outside, people are still impressed with how well it drives and are amazed that I have so many miles on it.
Suggested Improvements
VW needs to take a serious look at the design and layout (luckily I am small and can reach the fuse box easily). They need to start using higher quality plastics or find a different material. The price for parts and labor is very expensive for a car made in Mexico.