1997 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Reliable, Accurate handling, E

1997 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

Reliable, Accurate handling, Economical!
By mobiliare on

1997 Volkswagen Jetta GT 4dr Sedan

This car is a great performer! I will never sell this car especially it's my 1st car. I have put a ton of things (even a whole drumset in the trunk) and I have taken care of it really special: K&N filters, new imported brakes (not dealer brake) and it's still running perfectly fine at 115000 miles. It's fast - I can beat anyone on highway and it's slick looking. As long as you maintain it just right, it's a very special car. GT is really rare - get one if you can!!

Strong alloy wheel (much better than after market at reasonable price). Engine is strong. Manual transmission, and the clutch just last too long, just like the brakes (replaced my brakes at 110k). The fog light is slick for a 97 car less than $20k.

If I had more money, I would put Xenon headlights, lowered Eibach springs, strut bar and tie bar, and perhaps even a new performance chip. Suggestions for VW: better dashboard mount so it won't rattle at 2500-3000 rpm.