1997 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Great Car if you get a good on

1997 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Great Car if you get a good one!
By Piran on

1997 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at the end of last summer. It was a one-owner car and had very high mileage. But for the price I got it for, I couldn't complain. So far, I haven't had any problems. I had to fix the power locks and touch up the paint a bit. Still looks great though. I've replaced the entire suspension with Eibach springs and Koni shocks. Feels much more competent. I added an intake and a GIAC chip. Also replaced the stereo with an Alpine head unit. The car goes very well for the mileage. At the mileage, it doesn't have any rattles or intruding wind noise. People are shocked to find out the mileage after they've been for a ride in it. Good car if you are lucky to get a non-lemon.

Bose sound system. VR6 roar and power. Great HVAC system.

Fix ABS problems (especially in 97 VR6 cars) and other electronic bugs. Headlight system could be better. Some plastics questionable. Better, more stiffer steering feel would be better for it to be a real driver's car.