get ready..
By timme791 on
1997 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan
I am 18 and work on cars as a hobby so I do know what I'm talking about. To start off I have done many mods to this car. Watch out for European parts vs American... Very different supports. And parts can come pricy. My car... At about 105k miles had an intake valve come loose. It cost me 2400 bucks... More than I bought the car for. After I fixed that, my maf went bad (cost 500) and a week later... Engine light back on. Stick with jdm than this. The handling is fun, but needs a lot more power and the gas isnt as great as most everyone claims it to be. Stock averages like 20 mpg and I get 22 with my intake. Just... Prepare for problems basically. I love this car but it can frustrate me!
Favorite Features
huge trunk, roomy, not much power but still finds some to drive up to big bear for snowboarding. some mod parts are cheaper than others. heater and a/c are awesome. dont see many like you see civics and corollas. safe and comfortable car.
Suggested Improvements
cup holders (3 for 5 seats and only 1 can fit a drink that's a small from mcdonalds. the other two are a joke) cheaper parts. easier to mod (everything in the car is so complicated -_-X. more power and less engine repairs would be nice!!!!!! center console storage is a joke. euro parts r better