1995 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Still Going

1995 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Still Going
By Vento on

1995 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Jetta GLS was my first brand new car. This car has been such a great car to own. It currently has 162,000 miles on it, and I have never had anything go wrong with it except for normal wear and tear items.....and this car has had its share of abuse. I would suggest to anyone looking at this model to make sure that it was serviced properly. I believe that changing the oil every 3,000 miles has helped in the longevity and low maintenance of this car. This is an extremely fun car to drive b/c it responds to the driver well. I plan on keeping this car until it dies. Who knows, maybe I'll get another 100,000 miles!

Heated Seats, Sunroof, and Power Everything. It's also a fun car to add performance parts to.

More horsepower, the 2.0L engine only comes standard with 115hp. Hence the need for aftermarket performance parts. The brakes work well enough to make you feel safe, but larger brakes would give you that extra stopping power under extreme/emergency conditions.