1995 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Jetta Takes the Worry Out of O

1995 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Jetta Takes the Worry Out of Older Cars
By dendra7 on

1995 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan

I owned my Jetta GL sedan for five years. It has exceptionally dependable. I replaced the tires and brakes, but nothing major went wrong with this car. You just have to look out for their electrical issues, little things going wrong, like sensitive wires and switches that seem to go haywire. If you can tolerate the few quirks, these little cars can't be beat for dependability! I am afraid to own anything else because this little car was so great. It has a wonderful ride on the interstate, it is smooth, and comfortable. The back seats fold down to haul larger items. My money was well spent on this car.

Favorite Features

The dependable engine and soft seats. It has a very smooth ride. I live in a place that gets very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter - nothing seemed to bother my Jetta.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues. Some days the window fuse box just went out and had to be replaced. The back blinker light often got water in it and burned out the bulb. Mostly the car just had minor electrical issues. Also, who decided that it didn't need a glovebox?