Used 1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Love this car!
By Patricia H

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

This car is very very reliable. I have 82,000 miles on it and hope to get 82,000 more since I like it so much and don't know what I could replace it with. I love driving it. I love the way it grips the road. After 8 years the interior still looks great too.

Favorite Features

Large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is in bad spot. Lock cylinder has fallen out twice.

glx review
By aj

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

besides protective coating coming off i am quite pleased with my new car purchase in 1995 I get on average 24 to 26 mpg

My Jetta is the best car I've ever owned
By Genn

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It's the best car I could ask for. It's precision handling and compact size make my life so much easier. I have so few worries when I'm on the road. It's quite comfortable inside and it makes me feel almost pampered with all the interior conveniences. The only things I could ask for would be a bigger center console and more options for positioning the wheel. Other than that...this car is a dream.

Favorite Features

I love the convenient fold down rear seat, rear drink holders, electric adjustable moon roof, and locking center console. As well as the central locking system.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a bigger center console, more wheel positions, and raisable drivers seat. And a glove compartment.

Whers my low end power?
By Karma

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Overall not to shaby a ride. My two biggest problems are that the seat is horrible. My lower back hurts after just a short ride. Any longer my right leg might go numb. Bad lumbar support system!!! My other complaint is that I live on a hill and a steep one at that. I find that the car strugles to climb my hill. I have to floor the car and slug it uo the hill. Fast on the highway but a pain on any incline! From what I hear an extended warranty might be a god idea!

Favorite Features

The sun roof is great! Like that I can't lock my keys in the car. Great factory speaker system!!!

Suggested Improvements

Needs more low end. Gotta fix the seat Not a good thing! How about a coast on the cruse controll. Glove box,what a novel idea.

NOT HAPPY
By DJ769

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

First time VW buyer, and not a happy one. I wanted a jetta so bad and I got one and have had nothing but trouble. I hear the engine will last forever but unfortunately everything else will not. I've had electrical probs since I drove it off the lot, bulbs blow out monthly, door locks have been fixed 5x in 3 years, transmission probs and you can't even check the fluid without taking it to a vw dealer and paying for 2 hours labor...there is no trans fluid dipstick....I want to assume that this is just one bad VW..but I've got a bad taste in my mouth and will not buy another.

Favorite Features

When it runs well it is fun to drive. Handles good.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a glove box, drink holders that actually can hold a drink and a serious electrical do over.