1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Love my baby!!!
By dallasveedubgirl on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

This car is my baby! I bought this car used 3 years ago It has 120000 miles on it with original clutch. I have only had to replace brakes, battery, and alternator harness. It got hit by a drunk driver in a pickup and my jetta only moved about six inches to the left and the truck that hit me spun out of control and hit a storage facility. And it is such cute care with a euro look!

Great Car, Fun & Practical
By Page on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Jetta used from a dealer at 112K miles. I was hesitant buying a car with so many miles with no warranty, but so far it has proved itself to be a fun and reliable car. It's very spacious, has a huge trunk, and has nice touches like headrests and reading lights in the back seat, and cruise control. It also has a terrific stereo and, at least with the 5 speed manual, is a blast to drive. I average 32 MPG. The sunroof motor is sometimes slow, but I don't really use the sunroof anyway, as the A/C is very effective.

1995 jetta gls
By kirkmaltby18 on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

great vehicle; very fun to drive... however, ever since i bought the car 4 months ago, i have had nothing but problems with it, i.e. cooling system (it overheated a lot, and still does from time to time), and have had clutch problems as well. i have had to put roughly 1,000 dollars into repairs in the 4 months i have owned the car. it's fun to drive when it's not acting up.

Great Car for the money
By Frankie on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

I don't know what these other people are talking about, but I can tell you that the GLX is the best. It gets decent gas milage, is reliable, and mine currently has 175,000 miles on this bulletproof VR6 engine. As long as you do basic maintainence every so often, you'll be fine. The only knock against this car is the classic VW interior problems. Door knobs, window controls, alarm problems, stupid stuff like that breaks. If you're halfway mechanically minded you can fix it by yourself everytime, and the motor and tranny will NEVER let you down.

Great Car for the money
By Frankie The Shard on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

Great Car
By Crosby on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

I bought my Celebration Edition Jetta new and have had it for seven years. It's a great car! I would definitely recommend buying one. It has 70,000 miles on it and it still runs like new.

Terrible car
By bunny on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I was horrified at the reliability and the cost of maintenance of this car. A Volkswagon person for over 20 years, this is the last VW I will ever buy. VW's are now all made in Mexico, and are unfortunately not the same cars they used to be.

Do Not Buy This Vehicle
By very_unhappy on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

My wife has this car and the annual cost of maintenance is $3,000. This includes fixing things like essential safety equipment - the airbags broke and VW was not helpful in fixing this problem. Every single thing on this car has broken at one time or another. It has been given all of the necessary care which should keep a car in better than average running order, yet everything brakes regardless of the care level it is given. Example: the cruise control has never worked, and the dealer can't fix the problem! DO NOT BUY this lemon of a vehicle.

Great Car!
By RebaC on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

I originally leased the car in sept. of '95 and bought it at the end of the 4yr lease. The car now has 90,000 miles and is going strong. I still get good gas mileage and the pick-up is still great (better than my niece's BMW!). I have the manual transmission and I've never had to replace anything on the car except the brakes and the battery. The trunk space is huge and four adults fit very comfortably. The interior still looks great, and the paint also. Definately a great choice.

Jana's Jetta
By Jana on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

I love my '95 Jetta. It was my first car, I got it while I was in High School. I had some problems with it but we got them fixed. Now I'm about to trade in my '95 for a '02 Jetta GLS. They are wonderful cars.