1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
V-Dubbin 4ever
By timbolin on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Amazing car i love it

Picked it up today
By Opi on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

I love it, great car, blast to drive. Only wish VW would take care of the stupid little stuff that breaks, otherwise it is perfect. Excellent tuner car.

Great Little Car
By Periodicl on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is a great little car that is fun to drive and shows no signs of having 200000kms on it.

4DR Celebration
By LT126 on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

I have had 4 different makes of cars and found the Jetta to be the best performning car. The only problems I have had are the brakes and the locks. The car doesn't have major problems just wierd problems. My dash lights don't work also. The paint peels in a car wash also. The performance is excellent though. If you want a car without the engine trouble a Jetta is the car to have.

Nice purchase.......again!
By VW4LIFE on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this Jetta at an auction with unknown problems. After purchase and repairs, it still was a steal! Stereo is average, creature comforts are average, but RELIABLE!!!! This is my second VW, first was a Fox that I drove for 14 years before giving it away (it's still running), and I have since bought a Passat. Love them all! Repairs can be pricy, but you can't beat the dependablility of VW.

Love this car!
By Patricia H on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Celebration 4dr Sedan

This car is very very reliable. I have 82,000 miles on it and hope to get 82,000 more since I like it so much and don't know what I could replace it with. I love driving it. I love the way it grips the road. After 8 years the interior still looks great too.

glx review
By aj on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

besides protective coating coming off i am quite pleased with my new car purchase in 1995 I get on average 24 to 26 mpg

My Jetta is the best car I've ever owned
By Genn on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It's the best car I could ask for. It's precision handling and compact size make my life so much easier. I have so few worries when I'm on the road. It's quite comfortable inside and it makes me feel almost pampered with all the interior conveniences. The only things I could ask for would be a bigger center console and more options for positioning the wheel. Other than that...this car is a dream.

Whers my low end power?
By Karma on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Overall not to shaby a ride. My two biggest problems are that the seat is horrible. My lower back hurts after just a short ride. Any longer my right leg might go numb. Bad lumbar support system!!! My other complaint is that I live on a hill and a steep one at that. I find that the car strugles to climb my hill. I have to floor the car and slug it uo the hill. Fast on the highway but a pain on any incline! From what I hear an extended warranty might be a god idea!

NOT HAPPY
By DJ769 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

First time VW buyer, and not a happy one. I wanted a jetta so bad and I got one and have had nothing but trouble. I hear the engine will last forever but unfortunately everything else will not. I've had electrical probs since I drove it off the lot, bulbs blow out monthly, door locks have been fixed 5x in 3 years, transmission probs and you can't even check the fluid without taking it to a vw dealer and paying for 2 hours labor...there is no trans fluid dipstick....I want to assume that this is just one bad VW..but I've got a bad taste in my mouth and will not buy another.