Used 1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

"The little engine that could"
By Jared

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Man what a car. This was my first car and I absolutely loved it. The car always started up for me, never had any problems, was great on gas which is really important these days. Sadly I no longer have this car due to an accident, I wish i still had that car today. I bought it with 198,000 miles but the engine actually had 112,000, this car had the digital odometers so u couldn't change the mileage. It was an automatic, which I really didn't mind, it kept me alive when i was in the accident. I was late for work and it just started raining, i was going 45 mph down hill, i was going to fast for the turn and i ended up totaling the car and i actually went to work an hour later, without a scratch!!!

THE ENGINE THE ENGINE THE ENGINE, awesome 2.0 liter 4 banger, pretty peppy for a 4 cylinder too, i think it got 115 hp which was pretty good on gas. I'm a big guy and the space is amazing, i never thought i would be so comfortable in a small car like that. I averaged about 25-27,city 32-35 highway!!

I never experienced any electrical problems, but i figured that vw are prone to electrical probs from other vw owners, but if you want a great car thats cheap on gas and fun to drive, get one of these, you won't regret it.

best car by far
By Phil D

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

The GLX VR6 has great acceleration, roomy for its size, handles great in rain and snow. It was very hard to lose control on the snow ( and I was trying ). Not so good for a family car but I can fit 2 car seats in the back comfortably. This car is an all around tank, I put this car through some crazy situations and it always comes out on top. Pricey to maintain but well worth every penny. I cant wait to buy my next VW. Oh I almost forgot....the 95 GLX VR6 was not built to be sold in America so everything is special order, I found out the hard way.

Sunroof, heated leather seats, auto down windows, great engine, built to last

needs a glove box, side molding is garbage, I suggest ripping off and smoothing out doors.

Electronics
By Mantooth

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Gets me where I need to go.

Comfy seats. I can put my huge cruiser bike in the trunk. My 63" snowboard and anything else, space of a pickup. I like the box shape, it will always look good even if it is very old.

Electronics. Windows all break, the speedometer and radio just stopped working.

VW number 10
By VistaRob

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLX VR6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about two months ago and have put about six thousand miles on it already. The engine has a great power down low and up top. My average mpg is 24 but can get up to 28 on the highway and down to 17 city. The interior has all the bells and whistles you would see on a car today auto down windows all around, and can open and close them by holding the key. The quality of the interior is excellent leather is firm, no rattles and is very solid just what you would expect from a German car. The trunk is HUGE!!! and would make a good Mafia car. Like is said this is my tenth vw, all great cars just use good parts and maintain it.

The feel inside feels high end and luxury fit and finish are very high on these cars. I love the auto down feature on the windows too along with the fact I can roll the windows up or down with my key. The VR6 sounds like a mini exotic where its competitors sound raspy.

Adjustable steering wheel could move more than 1/2 an inch and a glove box would be nice though there is a lot of cargo area. You can fit a later style glove box into a 95 but other than that excellent car by an outstanding company

Not worth it
By dtheo

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

Pretty good car to drive, but not worth it to maintain. Repairs are too expensive and it needs plenty of them. This one I had is high mileage, but from 130-160k it has needed a new master brake cylinder, bad cruise control, lost a door lock, speedo and tach work intermittently (messes up inpection), horn stuck on, wheel bearings, struts, timing belt, distributor (still worked but tripped the check engine light and prevented inspection - nice design) and now a transmission and clutch. That about does it for this car. Its heading for the nearest cliff. I won't be getting another VW unless I get real ambitious for a BioDiesel project. Interior design is stupid. no glovebox.

good power and handling. nice engine which was the only reliable part of the car. Nice highway driver too. Fold down rear seats are great for hauling stuff or stashing my mountain bike (while leaving a wheel on). Sunroof is great. Roomy for a small car, yet park-able in the city.