Used 1995 Volkswagen Jetta City Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Not worth it
By dtheo

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

Pretty good car to drive, but not worth it to maintain. Repairs are too expensive and it needs plenty of them. This one I had is high mileage, but from 130-160k it has needed a new master brake cylinder, bad cruise control, lost a door lock, speedo and tach work intermittently (messes up inpection), horn stuck on, wheel bearings, struts, timing belt, distributor (still worked but tripped the check engine light and prevented inspection - nice design) and now a transmission and clutch. That about does it for this car. Its heading for the nearest cliff. I won't be getting another VW unless I get real ambitious for a BioDiesel project. Interior design is stupid. no glovebox.

good power and handling. nice engine which was the only reliable part of the car. Nice highway driver too. Fold down rear seats are great for hauling stuff or stashing my mountain bike (while leaving a wheel on). Sunroof is great. Roomy for a small car, yet park-able in the city.

Gotta Love those VWs
By wedgie

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

On my 4th VW now, will NEVER own anything else! My 1995 Jetta is still getting 30 mpg city and as high as 45 hwy, can't get a new car that'll give you that, and it's not even a diesel. Our diesel does better than that. I am passing my 1995 and 1990 VWs onto my teenagers.

Great gas milage, and hey, it's a VW, do you need more than that?

Needs better cup holders

This is the most fun I've had driving
By AlexGa

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

This is probably the funnest car to
drive out there. Of course I haven't
driven a ferrari yet or anything that
high up the car pecking order. But,
for the class that this car is in,
I'll have to say that it is most
definitely fun. It hasn't given too
much trouble. I've not done much
except regular tune ups/oil changes
and all of the other regular stuff.
The most problem I have right now is
that the cluster is screwed up, which
is a common problem from what I hear.

It's small size, allowing easy parking almost anywhere. Other cars wouldn't even try to get into the spaces I've gotten into and out of. It also has a surprisingly small turn radius. Everyone always tells me I'll never be able to turn out of this one, and I almost always do.

Aside from having a more powerful engine, which everyone needs, perhaps a useful addition would be .... hmmm, I don't even know what. This seems to suit my needs in the interior and exterior for now.