1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

City Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Not worth it
By dtheo on 12/17/07 11:13 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

Pretty good car to drive, but not worth it to maintain. Repairs are too expensive and it needs plenty of them. This one I had is high mileage, but from 130-160k it has needed a new master brake cylinder, bad cruise control, lost a door lock, speedo and tach work intermittently (messes up inpection), horn stuck on, wheel bearings, struts, timing belt, distributor (still worked but tripped the check engine light and prevented inspection - nice design) and now a transmission and clutch. That about does it for this car. Its heading for the nearest cliff. I won't be getting another VW unless I get real ambitious for a BioDiesel project. Interior design is stupid. no glovebox.

Gotta Love those VWs
By wedgie on 03/28/05 02:30 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

On my 4th VW now, will NEVER own anything else! My 1995 Jetta is still getting 30 mpg city and as high as 45 hwy, can't get a new car that'll give you that, and it's not even a diesel. Our diesel does better than that. I am passing my 1995 and 1990 VWs onto my teenagers.

This is the most fun I've had driving
By AlexGa on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan City 4dr Sedan

This is probably the funnest car to drive out there. Of course I haven't driven a ferrari yet or anything that high up the car pecking order. But, for the class that this car is in, I'll have to say that it is most definitely fun. It hasn't given too much trouble. I've not done much except regular tune ups/oil changes and all of the other regular stuff. The most problem I have right now is that the cluster is screwed up, which is a common problem from what I hear.