1995 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Jetta.
By Jacob Burrows on 04/01/09 08:40 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

Car is a lot of fun to drive. It has it's share of problems just like any other 14 year old car. I love it.

130,000 miles and still going
By GC on 12/21/04 22:30 PM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 1999. Was missing one of the "Celebration Edition" emblems on the passenger side exterior before I test drove it. By the time the test drive was over, the remaining emblem on the drivers side fell off. So what makes it a Celebration Edition? Nothing special about this car. Only features - sunroof, (who cares? I live in Pittsburgh. Get 50 days of sun a year) and an alarm. Thank God it's a 5-speed because that makes up for anything that's missing. 130,000 miles, still have the original clutch. Needed a new starter at 125,000 miles...Ran over a BIG deer on the road, hardly a scratch. Only damage was to the power steering pump. More fun to drive than my wife's Ford Focus wagon.

PLEASE READ if thinking about a Jetta
By Kcjohn17 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

Around 105,000 the a/c went out following by the rest of the thing, now it only works on speed 2 and the a/c isnt cold . In the summer my exterior molding melted off. Then in the winter things started getting weird, the doors would not close, the alarm would go off for no reason . And the car would not start . I had bass & Both of my front doors locks broke, the lock that holds the doors shut. And the part is $150 a peice. It gets worse around 120,000 I have a oil leak I have to put about 2 quarts a week in. Then at 125,000 miles I was told I need a whole new fuel system which is around $800. The sunroof brokeOh yeah my clutch went out at 110,000.

NOT A GOOD AUTOMOBILE
By wiledkarrd on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

This car is hell on wheels. The engine is in a "vacuum" and therefore you cannot buy post market parts for it. VW is the only place to get the parts so they are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced. The brakes are also slow in responding, the exterior melts in the summer, and the paint chips if you look at it cross eyed.

4DR Celebration
By LT126 on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

I have had 4 different makes of cars and found the Jetta to be the best performning car. The only problems I have had are the brakes and the locks. The car doesn't have major problems just wierd problems. My dash lights don't work also. The paint peels in a car wash also. The performance is excellent though. If you want a car without the engine trouble a Jetta is the car to have.

Love this car!
By Patricia H on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

This car is very very reliable. I have 82,000 miles on it and hope to get 82,000 more since I like it so much and don't know what I could replace it with. I love driving it. I love the way it grips the road. After 8 years the interior still looks great too.

Love my baby!!!
By dallasveedubgirl on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

This car is my baby! I bought this car used 3 years ago It has 120000 miles on it with original clutch. I have only had to replace brakes, battery, and alternator harness. It got hit by a drunk driver in a pickup and my jetta only moved about six inches to the left and the truck that hit me spun out of control and hit a storage facility. And it is such cute care with a euro look!

Great Car
By Crosby on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

I bought my Celebration Edition Jetta new and have had it for seven years. It's a great car! I would definitely recommend buying one. It has 70,000 miles on it and it still runs like new.

Great Car!
By RebaC on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

I originally leased the car in sept. of '95 and bought it at the end of the 4yr lease. The car now has 90,000 miles and is going strong. I still get good gas mileage and the pick-up is still great (better than my niece's BMW!). I have the manual transmission and I've never had to replace anything on the car except the brakes and the battery. The trunk space is huge and four adults fit very comfortably. The interior still looks great, and the paint also. Definately a great choice.

Jana's Jetta
By Jana on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Jetta Celebration 4dr Sedan

I love my '95 Jetta. It was my first car, I got it while I was in High School. I had some problems with it but we got them fixed. Now I'm about to trade in my '95 for a '02 Jetta GLS. They are wonderful cars.