1994 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Little Black Money Pit

1994 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Little Black Money Pit
By Armory6 on

1994 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

This was my dream car. It was my first car and despite everything, I still love it, but will not buy another VW. It seems like everything has gone wrong with this car. The computer was installed wrong when the car was built and never worked, this makes it hard to find a mechanic to work on the various problems it has. The distributor went and was replaced, replaced the fuel pump, the ignition switch, both oil pressure sensors, A/C compressor doesn't work, most of the hoses were replaced due to cracking and leaking, the sun roof won't open and also leaks, the seat adjustment knob covers fell off, the handle to the glove box broke and won't open, now the oil pump.

The car has a good set of speakers, it's comfortable, cute looking from the outside, has a reasonably roomy backseat and a large trunk with the option to lay the backseat flat. Also gets awesome gas mileage when it runs.

Better mechanical reliability, I understand the car is old, but mileage has nothing to do with the sun roof, glove box or seat knobs. Also, I would like cup holders that can hold cups. If you have something larger than a can, it won't fit.