1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Little Black Money Pit
By Armory6 on 03/14/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This was my dream car. It was my first car and despite everything, I still love it, but will not buy another VW. It seems like everything has gone wrong with this car. The computer was installed wrong when the car was built and never worked, this makes it hard to find a mechanic to work on the various problems it has. The distributor went and was replaced, replaced the fuel pump, the ignition switch, both oil pressure sensors, A/C compressor doesn't work, most of the hoses were replaced due to cracking and leaking, the sun roof won't open and also leaks, the seat adjustment knob covers fell off, the handle to the glove box broke and won't open, now the oil pump.

Buyer Beware....
By Kristen on 02/13/05 01:27 AM (PST)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car after totaling my existing Jetta. Of course, I wanted another Jetta because my first performed so well, not to be the case with this car. The radio has broken, the dash lights don't work, the door locks and power windows are broken, as well as the power sunroof. I've had the car in the shop so many times I could have paid for a new one. I've contacted my local dealership, VW of America all the way up and no one has provided me with any help. The car was a lemon a month after buying it and hasn't changed since. I'll drive the car into the ground because for the life of me I can't sell it and the dealership won't give me any value for a trade-in.

Fun Car
By Thur on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

This is a great vehicle. I bought this car with 180,000 miles and have had to do a few repairs (new A/C compressor, rear wheel bearings, power window regulator, shift linkage bushings, valve cover gasket, timing belt), but I attribute this more to the high mileage and previous owner than to the quality of the vehicle itself. It is a fun car, quick, great paint, and excellent for city driving. Would definitely recommend.

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT A DAY MAY BRING!
By Christin on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I drove my '94 Jetta for 2 years...including the past 3 months it's been sitting in my driveway, not worth putting another nickel into it. The worst part about owning this car is that Volkswagens are harder to fix, so the labor costs more, and the parts are so expensive. Simple spark plug wires cost me $100.00! My car just hit the 120,000 mile mark...I know they're supposed to run forever, but no one ever mentions how much it will cost to keep them running. I finally decided to count my losses and recently sold it for 1/5 of what I bought it for 2 years ago.

Love my VW!
By JPBR26 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

The sunroof broke on my car shortly after I got it, but other than that, it's a beautiful little car. Great gas mileage, and you can't beat how quick a VW 4-cylinder is. Zippy little car!

little black lemon jetta
By Black lemon jetta on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

The car had a little over 50,000 miles on it and I have driven it less than 6,000 every year. So, when the second time I used the sunroof and it completely broke, I was a little dissapointed. The cup holder in the back broke, the seat recliner handles just fall off and won't stay on, the antenna fell off when driving down the highway, the driver's seat broke underneath ($1,700 to fix) and the engine overheats if it is a hot day, or you are in bad traffic- then the oil light beeps on. The check engine light is always on, but it has been checked out and supposedly everything is fine. The car gives me 18mpg in town. The radio doesn't work if I have something in the cigarette lighter.

VW Vento (UK) Jetta 111 (USA)
By Phil G on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

Should have got one of these long ago.Solid build. Everything works as it was designed to. Great mpg (av 39mpg)UK gallons. Good handling, ideal town car. Bit high reving on motorway with 3500prm only giving 77mph. My GM Vecta gives 105mph @ 3500rpm.. But a real cool car.

damn good car
By shawn padilla on 03/01/02 02:43 AM (PST)

1994 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

this car has been great, but I've had some problems with the electrical, 2 of my windows don't work.