Always got 'er done
By Ramblin Rose on
1991 Volkswagen Jetta GL Diesel 4dr Sedan
Overall my little Diesel Jetta GL was wonderful to me. I drove it, and drove it and drove it and it just kept on truckin. Gas mielage is out of this world and so is the heat it can pump out. I did have to replace two door handles. Aside for those and the glow plugs once I really didn't have any trouble with it. When I did I always had a heart attack, expecting the worst and it was always just a fuse! I'm serious people- fuses were the number one problem I had with that car. It was always groovy though because I don't mind twelve dollar repair bills. VW's rock and the diesels are rocks!
Favorite Features
HEAT, HEAT, HEAT!!! I'm such an ice cube in the winter and that thing kept me SOOOOOOOO warm. It was awesome. The trunk is HUGE, never a lack of space for my road trips. Gas mielage of course. Also very roomy inside, people in the back seat were always comfy.
Suggested Improvements
Door handles definately need improved, and being a diesel it wasn't the fastest thing but it always got me where I was going. The plastic trim on the car wasn't attached very well. VW should have used fake nail glue, that stuff holds anything!