1991 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
great car with typical VW issues
By tmr on 01/12/09 13:25 PM (PST)

1991 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 16V 4dr Sedan

I was inspired to write this review for the simple fact that the page says 22 mpg. That's impossible, I owned this car for 5 years and only once got below 24 mpg, usually more like 29 mpg, best I ever got was 41 mpg for a tank! Beyond that the car is fun to drive (I had manual GLi 16V), but has typical VW issues like the doors not working (they can be fixed), windshield wipers with mind of their own, and other electrical issues.

I love My yellow 16v
By yellow16v on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 16V 4dr Sedan

Everything about this car is great other than it's not built to take my abuse. I'm on my second motor and it runs beautiful, so did the first one until I advanced the timing and through a rod!

jetta GLI 16V
By rob augello on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 16V 4dr Sedan

i love the vw's. there so fun to drive and this 16v has decent power.i raced i 1.8t jetta and i held my own.The jetta still runs like new even at 135,000 miles.

Jetta's rule!
By jettagrrl on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 16V 4dr Sedan

I have had 3 91/92 Jettas over the past 10 years, and I will always say they are my favorite type of car. They run great, are fun to drive and look good too. Put on some BBS's and installed Recaro seats, and I was in heaven!