Keeps going and going
By ratman on
1990 Volkswagen Jetta GL 2dr Coupe
Got the car with 135k on it. Now its got 165k. It has got me threw highschool and now i'm starting college and it is still going. Its burning a little oil and the tranny leaks out a quart every 1000 miles and it only holds 2 quarts. I ran it dri before i figured out this and it started sounding like a space ship but it lived. It does pretty good off road for fwd. She look preety bad but I don't care. Ran over a ciderblock once and nothing broke except my exhaust spring clamp. No rust under the vehicle and shes been threw lots of PA and NJ winters. Also it has a truck bed for a trunk. For such a small car the trunk is huge.
Favorite Features
Seats, they are very comfortable. Better than my moms 01 civic. They are 6 way adjustable too. I like the storage bins on the doors. I can put a ton of stuff there. Its very easy to see out of and has small blind spots.
Suggested Improvements
It should have at least one cupholder for the driver but it does'nt. A better seal in the tranny would be nice. Maybe more sound deadening material too, you can hold a conversation if your going over 55 on the highway.