2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Review: WOW! Very Impressive Vehicle.

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel - Consumer Review

WOW! Very Impressive Vehicle.
By thamid on

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I purchased my JSW TDI last October (2013 model) and now have 16,000 miles on it. First diesel and first VW owned. Build quality and reliability thus far has been impeccable. Not a single rattle. There is also a distinct solidness to everything...the sound of the doors when shut, the firmness of all switches/ buttons and so on. Everything has the feel/ quality of a much higher priced European vehicle. Room? I cross-shopped against small to medium sized SUV's and other wagons (Subaru, Acura, Prius V) and the JSW offers more useable cargo space than any of the rivals, all while offering drive-ability and road feel not too far off from a sports car.

Favorite Features

Undoubtedly, the combination of room, sports car like handling and fuel economy. On a recent 1500+ mile family vacation with the car loaded down with my wife, two small children and luggage, averaging 40+MPG on the interstate was the norm...and unlike a weak Hybrid, the torque provided by the Diesel was always available for a quick pass or an effortless climb up the Mountains.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would like to see is more legroom for the rear seat passengers.