Perfect balance of performance, ecomony, and practicality!
By bjudd4 on
2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I took delivery of my '12 JSW TDI in Dec. 2011, and have put over 17k miles on it in less than a year! My other vehicle is a '07 VW GTI and although the TDI of course does not match it's performance, I have to say that as an automotive enthusiast I still very much enjoy driving the TDI with its generous amounts of torque. Driving it as I would drive any normal car (a little lead-footed...) I still consistently see 42mpg without a problem, and 45mpg+ if I am driving economy-minded. Had no prob starting in below zero temps in NY winter. My wife and I recently had a baby, and the car seat fits in the rear without a problem, and there is plenty of cargo room for luggage, stroller, etc.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission(!), panoramic moonroof, navigation system, keyless start/entry, torque, and of course fuel economy.
Suggested Improvements
An AWD version (with the TDI and a manual trans.) would be nice for the Central New York winters, though I did just fine last winter with snow tires.