2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Review: great car, not so great servic

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel - Consumer Review

great car, not so great service
By kayakhow on

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Love the car, I get mileage that's better than advertised. I had a hitch installed with enthusiastic encouragement from the dealer , that's when the fun began. I had a brake light issue, and although I was told the wire harness was properly installed they did not honor the warranty and hosed me good for the repair which was a labor only repair. So avoid installing any after market equipment on the car, especially where towing is involved. If your car is out of warranty, go for it, there are techs out there who work cheaper than the VW shop. Basically, the service experience soured me a bit, thery treated me better at the Chevy dealer when I had the truck.

Favorite Features

The diesel power of course, it's got torque galor and delivers great mileage. I push it pretty good and still get over 40 on the road, combined I average in the upper 30's even with the long traffic lights here in Melbourne, FL. The bluetooth is a nice feature. There seems to be alot of cargo capacity for such a small car, as good as my neighbors Chevy Equinox.

Suggested Improvements

Why no power seat in what appers to be an upscale car. The power recline is nice but a power seat would be nice.