2nd TDI I own: Spirited Driver!
By monkfarm on
2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
Wonderful car! This wonderful car has it all: great braking, comfortable seats in front, great handling, adequate power, smooth shifting, great fuel economy. This car is fun to drive, it accommodates my leadfoot with great fuel economy (usually 41 with mixed city hwy with air conditioning, wife: 44.) I don't feel bad about cruising the speed I want to drive because I'm not putting that much fuel in it. We have 3 dogs, and with luggage is fairly comfortable for long trips (210 miles to my folks.) The exterior design has grown on me. The back folds down into a smooth platform which the dogs love, and I carry supplies to my country home with ease. I love it!! 10,000 miles on it so far.
Favorite Features
Manual transmission and clutch are good. Fuel economy, handling, braking, steering is all really quite good. I love to drive, and I enjoy driving this one. I am loving it more Handling is not up to par with my friend's Mini Cooper Clubman S, but so much better than my old HHR LT. I can fling this car into a corner with confidence and competence, and come to a stop quickly to avoid a deer. Wonderful amount of room with the seats folded down. This car's interior is built better than my 2006 diesel beetle. I love this car more as I drive it.
Suggested Improvements
Uncomfortable seats in Rear, lack of enough cupholders especially in front and placement of cupholders makes you want to glance down especially when selecting the rear one, wants to go in 4th gear from 5th when shifting up, lack of ashtray for my cigars, not enough storage compartments, different center console layout for storage, staid dash design, (lack of) adjustable head rests, larger glove box, center dash storage (like the HHR I had) more electric adjustments on the seats, greater tilt on steering wheel, better tires for handling, lack of fog lamps, and I seem to be damaging the seat slightly around my waist level by how I climb in the car. (solution?? I don't know)