2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
Love my new Jetta Sportwagen
By leftcoastwolf on 02/21/12 17:43 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I just bought my second VW TDI Jetta. This car is larger and more refined than my 2003. The handling for the 2012 is first rate. The German engineering that went into this vehicle makes for a fantastic driver's car. The dealership has treated me well and answered all questions. This is the second car I've purchased from this dealership.

Great Road Car
By teaton1 on 02/14/12 13:13 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought this new 9 months ago with plans on moving it to Central Europe. This is our highway car. Very comfortable and economical. Love the steering and 6 speed manual transmission. I am not a great diesel driver... I occasionally stall out in first gear. Not quite enough very low end torque. I stalled more so with an older Audi A6 than this VW. I love the brake assist on hills... comes standard even with the stick shift. The radio speakers are really bad. I would never have kept the Sirius radio anyway, but if I were a radio-phile this is not the radio to have. Our Honda Fit (for the city) has a great sound system for a little car. Overall this is an excellent buy.

Love
By taekwond00m on 12/08/11 16:51 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen SE PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

First time VW owner and wondering why I waited so long. Previously dubbed as a "subaru girl" now converted after driving this fabulous ride! It's tight handling and peppy engine are amazing. Love the front wheel drive in this northern Minn climate. Great front, side and rear visibility -- especially with the back seats down. Amazingly smooth and quiet ride for a small car. I've owned 3 Subarus, 1 Jeep, and a Honda Civic. This SportWagen is by far my absolute favorite. Love it love it love it. p.s. I am a 5'4" female. Only drawback is the head rest on front seat -- because I'm short, makes me kinda hunch forward. Removed for now while thinking of an alternative. Great financing.

great car, not so great service
By kayakhow on 11/09/11 16:39 PM (PST)

Love the car, I get mileage that's better than advertised. I had a hitch installed with enthusiastic encouragement from the dealer , that's when the fun began. I had a brake light issue, and although I was told the wire harness was properly installed they did not honor the warranty and hosed me good for the repair which was a labor only repair. So avoid installing any after market equipment on the car, especially where towing is involved. If your car is out of warranty, go for it, there are techs out there who work cheaper than the VW shop. Basically, the service experience soured me a bit, thery treated me better at the Chevy dealer when I had the truck.

Jetta SW TDI, with Nav-NO Traffic Alert capability!
By jituschi on 09/05/11 11:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Great wagon fun to drive, averaging close to 50 mpg with the TDI.

Love the Jetta - Hate the electronics
By trainsam on 08/26/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Car is a pleasure to drive. Love the mileage (43-60mpg between 75 and down to 55 respectively). Carries a ton for a small car. Even gets great mileage with luggage stored on top. No power train issues ever. JettaSportWagon is 20 months old now with 30k miles. Lock system just went wacky. Dealer can't even figure out why some locks lock sometimes and others at other times. Completely random behavior. Changed lock control module. No luck. Now dealer is calling in expert from somewhere else. In first two months had similar electronic hiccup with ATC system. Wish the electronics were more stable.

Took delivery today...
By djvinmsn on 08/09/11 18:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

My scores may be a little optimistic -- I just took delivery today of a Platinum Gray JSW TDI with automated DSG. No warts yet! Traded in a 2003 Audi A4 Avant -- amazed at how similar the two cars looked when parked next to each other at the dealership.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen in VA is:

$126 per month*