2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
Awesome Car!
By rod_r on 07/14/12 20:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have only had this car a week but so far it really has exceeded my expectations. It took a few weeks before one of my local dealers had a manual model but the wait was worth it. I drove one with a DSG transmission and it was fine but with the manual it is just a more engaging car to drive. The torque from this little turbo diesel is amazing. It pulled up a big hill in 4th gear at 1500rpm at 40mph with no problem. Great interior with lots of room. I am getting right at 40mpg with mixed driving. The car is not fast but it feels quick with great handling. It really is a "SPORT"wagen. This car feels like it could cost a lot more than $25,000.

So far so great
By screenname420 on 03/24/12 17:19 PM (PDT)

Bought car, went on 300 mile trip right out the dealer. Awesome time. The whole family loves it and we are already planning the next trip. I got the manual and I got the 86000 mile warrantee so I don't care about anything breaking down. Triple checked that dealer would cover HPFP failure.

Great Road Car
By teaton1 on 02/14/12 13:13 PM (PST)

Bought this new 9 months ago with plans on moving it to Central Europe. This is our highway car. Very comfortable and economical. Love the steering and 6 speed manual transmission. I am not a great diesel driver... I occasionally stall out in first gear. Not quite enough very low end torque. I stalled more so with an older Audi A6 than this VW. I love the brake assist on hills... comes standard even with the stick shift. The radio speakers are really bad. I would never have kept the Sirius radio anyway, but if I were a radio-phile this is not the radio to have. Our Honda Fit (for the city) has a great sound system for a little car. Overall this is an excellent buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel in VA is:

$137 per month*