2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Consumer Review: Not just for kids

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen - Consumer Review

Not just for kids
By VWAnnie on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The 2011 VW TDI sportswagen is a joy to drive. TDI engine is amazingly fast and responsive. The DSG automatic transmission allows you to shift up or down when you want a more hands on feel. Averaging about 36-40 mpg in mixed driving. We skipped the sun roof and the navigation system putting our money into the TDI option instead. The computer gives you lots of feedback with controls on the steering wheel without being intrusive. I am a grandmother, haul lots of stuff as a non profit volunteer. This wagon is spacious and handles extremely well. My kids and grandkids give it five stars. Loved my 2008 rabbit, love this more. Toffee brown color is stunning and rich looking.

Heated seats, TDI (turbo diesel engine), touch screen audio system, heated mirrors, bluetooth, sound system, phone and computer controls on steering wheel. Keep looking for excuses to drive the car. I especially like the 110 plug for my computer and phone.

Totally electric seats as an option; a better written manual. The manual is laid out poorly; written by attorneys with warnings everywhere.