Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:

the wheels haven't fallen off yet.
By rakiura

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Fun to drive on the twisties. Not Mini Cooper S fun, but good enough for a wagon.
MPG so far is in the 40s.
Has adequate power in the mountains , and plenty of power for passing and merging into highway traffic.
It was hard to keep the RPMs low during the 1000 mi break in period.

low-end torque, high mpg, lots of room for stuff.

A bit over whelming!
By raindaytoo

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

It was love at first sight. That ended quickly. First noticed that the ignition key would become extremely hot, although, it did not happen all the time.
Then, I would notice the info screen to bleep out, then come right back on. This had happened several times.
Next, while driving, hit a pot hole, bubbled the tired. Replaced the tire. Came back the next day, because of error message on the screen. Then the mileage, other info messages where not working. Took the car in, replaced the cluster, stated they found nothing wrong with the ignition. Well, the key still gets hot. A little upsetting. Oh yes, one more thing, acceleration is sluggish.

The design of car is great. Nice looking car.

Fix the acceleration, and find the flaw in electronics of the car.

Great family car
By heather_07hch

I purchased my Sportwagen 2 weeks ago, and love it.
We replaced a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid, after a new hybrid battery, and seeing what happens when the hybrid system fails.
The car did not feel safe anymore.
Averaging about 38 mpg in the hybrid, I wanted a larger car, but did not want to sacrifice fuel economy. I am 5'10", husband is 6', and kids are ages 5 and 7.
We were a bit cramped. When packing up for a day at the lake, or a road trip, we could hardly fit our belongings in the car.
So, the Sportwagen has solved all of these issues.
Fuel economy is fantastic, there is more than enough room, and the car just looks, feels, and handles like a dream. Very pleased!

interior is roomy for all passengers, plenty of storage, handling, sporty look, rubber mats, well-equipped interior, excellent sound system, and my favorite...fuel economy

larger console storage compartment

Better Bang For Your Buck - And Fun
By mywagencan

20 years of Crown Victorias and I'm loving my Sportwagen. 10000 miles in two months. Mileage is awesome, plenty of power - fun to drive. Comfortable seats and best equipped for the price. I couldn't be happier with my choice. On fairly level ground with cruise at 75mph and A/C on I was at 47mpg average over four hours! Drops in the mountains but still beats a V8 gas engine.
Great looking car too. Thanks VW!

Equipment, seats (with heat and heated mirrors) Sound system with blue tooth

Parking lights. Different solution to adjusting tilt steering. Ability to turn off Daytime Running Lights

'11 TDI SportWgn
By coloradotdiwgn

I bought my TDI Sportwagon about 2 months ago and have over 2k mi on it.
I am very pleased. Living in Colorado, it goes over the passes with vigor. I get consistently high 30 mpg in town and high 40's on the interstate (usually around 80 mph).
The interior is nice except a little cramped for larger occupants who were used to my monster Touareg V10 TDi I traded in. I would have liked a few features I had on my Touareg on this like the keyless/touch handle entry, automatic dimming rear view mirrors and 4motion. The fuel economy without having a hybrid covers my wants for the other features.
I have changed out the wheels/tires to 18'. The others were a little boatie in emergency maneuvers.

My favorite things about the '11 Jetta TDI Wagon is of course #1, the fuel economy. I love the tan interior, love the panoramic roof that gives backseat occupants a real feel of space. The bluetooth works well with phone and music. The performance is great! If I want to take off from a dead stop fast, put it in the gear selector mode on the tiptronic transmission. I shift up at about 2500 rpm at it's peak of torque and hp. It it peppy. I like the TPMS system being in the ABS and not the tires (since I changed wheels and tires). Sound system is good. Center console adjustable armrest is a nice feature. Did I mention FUEL ECONOMY? LOL That's definitely my #1 LOVE.

Shortly after purchase, I had to make several emergency maneuvers. One at highspeed on the interstate going 80 mph. Another at moderate speed, breaking and swerving to miss blowing debris and another to avoid a dog in the city around 30 mph. The vehicle's tires didn't perform well. They were boatie, poor traction and generally not good enough. I replaced them with 18" wheels with Continental Tires. It's like riding in a gocart now. I feel much safer. I'd also like more features to be available like automatic rear view mirror dimming on sides and center, automatic door sensors for keyless entry, larger front seats with more adjustments and maybe cooled/vented seats. Easier back seat laydown