2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
Fun To Drive!!
By JND on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I love this car! But all I have to compare it to are big vehicles, Full Size Truck, Excursion and old Landcruiser. So of course I love the GAS MILEAGE! We have the Diesel. We live on a long dirt and gravel road with crazy mud and snow--was looking at a Subaru, but needed good gas mileage, this works! May buy mud and snow tires soon, but pleasantly surprised so far.

tdi
By ray on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

the vw sportswagon that we purchased has such a smooth ride and the seats are comfortable on our backs while driving or as the passenger, the idea of not bending over into the trunk to pull out grocerys is also a plus, we belive that we bought our best car.

Best Car I've Bought So Far
By h8gas on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I absolutely love my new Sportwagen TDI! I have had mine for a month and it's wonderful. I chose a Tempest Blue DSG with the premium pkg which comes with navigation. Everything is very easy to use and I love the fact that I can control my ipod feature on my Iphone through the touchscreen radio. My son loves looking up through the panoramic sunroof. The DSG shifts silky smooth and effortlessly, and I am getting 38mpg driving mostly in the city. The 2.0TDI engine has surprising power and has great passing capabilities on the highway. I don't think that writer #1(nonickel) has a 2011 because the bluetooth system is awesome, I can control my entire phone through my steering wheel or radio!

The best car ever?
By nonickel on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I now have 11K miles and just been through my free 10K service. I love this car. Long distances are no problem. Seats are supportive, and it can cruise at 80+ mph all day and still get close to 40mpg. With cruise set at 65 I have gotten 48mpg over a 150 mile trip. The TDI has plenty of power for passing, yet turbo lags a little off the line. My DSG has been perfect so far. Sport mode is great for around town (eliminates alot of lag). Handeling is also excellent with a great steering feel. Get the 17" rims, they are worth it. Feels as solid as my old MB. Also a great value. You can't tell its a diesel little noise and no smoke. This could be the best car ever made. No Joke!

Not just for kids
By VWAnnie on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

The 2011 VW TDI sportswagen is a joy to drive. TDI engine is amazingly fast and responsive. The DSG automatic transmission allows you to shift up or down when you want a more hands on feel. Averaging about 36-40 mpg in mixed driving. We skipped the sun roof and the navigation system putting our money into the TDI option instead. The computer gives you lots of feedback with controls on the steering wheel without being intrusive. I am a grandmother, haul lots of stuff as a non profit volunteer. This wagon is spacious and handles extremely well. My kids and grandkids give it five stars. Loved my 2008 rabbit, love this more. Toffee brown color is stunning and rich looking.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel in VA is:

$143 per month*