2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
amazing
By dardson1 on 01/12/11 20:51 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Although I've only had this car a week I am amazed. I drove several vehicles but fell in love after I drove the Sportswagen TDI. It is extremely quick (the HP numbers seem meaningless with this Turbo Diesel). It is way fun-to-drive and the ride is smooth as "butta". I'm used to truck based and Crossover SUV's (07 Murano last and 3 Tahoes before that). My job changed and I no longer need a full-sized vehicle. The Sportwagen will be perfect if......it holds up well. VW has had a questionable reliability history, but for now I'm very happy. Absolutely LOVE this car and the sound system is tip-top

Love It
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I love my TDI. I average about 38-41 MPG on a tank of diesel. In highway- only situations I yield about 45 MPG. My all-time record is 49 MPG on a 250 mile round trip. Expect about 560-600 miles out of a tank. But MPG is only half the story with the TDI. It feels a lot quicker than it actually is because of the torque. But that being said, it is no slow poke. Ingear acceleration is great if you shift quickly through the gears, but the engine runs out of steam in the high RPM range. The suspension setup is great, so the TDI is great in the twisty stuff. The only competitor that I can think of is the Audi A3 or Prius. The audis is smaller and more expensive. The Prius is slow and hates corners.

Fun To Drive!!
By JND on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I love this car! But all I have to compare it to are big vehicles, Full Size Truck, Excursion and old Landcruiser. So of course I love the GAS MILEAGE! We have the Diesel. We live on a long dirt and gravel road with crazy mud and snow--was looking at a Subaru, but needed good gas mileage, this works! May buy mud and snow tires soon, but pleasantly surprised so far.

Awesome Value
By CJohnson on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I think that this is the best car that I've owned, including other VWs, Mazdas, and Acuras. I don't know how you could do any better at any price. The styling, both interior and exterior is fabulous, and the fit and finish is beyond compare. LOVE the sunroof. The car feels very solid like it would last forever.

tdi
By ray on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

the vw sportswagon that we purchased has such a smooth ride and the seats are comfortable on our backs while driving or as the passenger, the idea of not bending over into the trunk to pull out grocerys is also a plus, we belive that we bought our best car.

Best Car I've Bought So Far
By h8gas on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I absolutely love my new Sportwagen TDI! I have had mine for a month and it's wonderful. I chose a Tempest Blue DSG with the premium pkg which comes with navigation. Everything is very easy to use and I love the fact that I can control my ipod feature on my Iphone through the touchscreen radio. My son loves looking up through the panoramic sunroof. The DSG shifts silky smooth and effortlessly, and I am getting 38mpg driving mostly in the city. The 2.0TDI engine has surprising power and has great passing capabilities on the highway. I don't think that writer #1(nonickel) has a 2011 because the bluetooth system is awesome, I can control my entire phone through my steering wheel or radio!

The best car ever?
By nonickel on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I now have 11K miles and just been through my free 10K service. I love this car. Long distances are no problem. Seats are supportive, and it can cruise at 80+ mph all day and still get close to 40mpg. With cruise set at 65 I have gotten 48mpg over a 150 mile trip. The TDI has plenty of power for passing, yet turbo lags a little off the line. My DSG has been perfect so far. Sport mode is great for around town (eliminates alot of lag). Handeling is also excellent with a great steering feel. Get the 17" rims, they are worth it. Feels as solid as my old MB. Also a great value. You can't tell its a diesel little noise and no smoke. This could be the best car ever made. No Joke!

Not just for kids
By VWAnnie on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The 2011 VW TDI sportswagen is a joy to drive. TDI engine is amazingly fast and responsive. The DSG automatic transmission allows you to shift up or down when you want a more hands on feel. Averaging about 36-40 mpg in mixed driving. We skipped the sun roof and the navigation system putting our money into the TDI option instead. The computer gives you lots of feedback with controls on the steering wheel without being intrusive. I am a grandmother, haul lots of stuff as a non profit volunteer. This wagon is spacious and handles extremely well. My kids and grandkids give it five stars. Loved my 2008 rabbit, love this more. Toffee brown color is stunning and rich looking.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen in VA is:

$129 per month*