'11 TDI SportWgn
By coloradotdiwgn on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I bought my TDI Sportwagon about 2 months ago and have over 2k mi on it. I am very pleased. Living in Colorado, it goes over the passes with vigor. I get consistently high 30 mpg in town and high 40's on the interstate (usually around 80 mph). The interior is nice except a little cramped for larger occupants who were used to my monster Touareg V10 TDi I traded in. I would have liked a few features I had on my Touareg on this like the keyless/touch handle entry, automatic dimming rear view mirrors and 4motion. The fuel economy without having a hybrid covers my wants for the other features. I have changed out the wheels/tires to 18'. The others were a little boatie in emergency maneuvers.
Favorite Features
My favorite things about the '11 Jetta TDI Wagon is of course #1, the fuel economy. I love the tan interior, love the panoramic roof that gives backseat occupants a real feel of space. The bluetooth works well with phone and music. The performance is great! If I want to take off from a dead stop fast, put it in the gear selector mode on the tiptronic transmission. I shift up at about 2500 rpm at it's peak of torque and hp. It it peppy. I like the TPMS system being in the ABS and not the tires (since I changed wheels and tires). Sound system is good. Center console adjustable armrest is a nice feature. Did I mention FUEL ECONOMY? LOL That's definitely my #1 LOVE.
Suggested Improvements
Shortly after purchase, I had to make several emergency maneuvers. One at highspeed on the interstate going 80 mph. Another at moderate speed, breaking and swerving to miss blowing debris and another to avoid a dog in the city around 30 mph. The vehicle's tires didn't perform well. They were boatie, poor traction and generally not good enough. I replaced them with 18" wheels with Continental Tires. It's like riding in a gocart now. I feel much safer. I'd also like more features to be available like automatic rear view mirror dimming on sides and center, automatic door sensors for keyless entry, larger front seats with more adjustments and maybe cooled/vented seats. Easier back seat laydown
By saymac
on 07/16/11 17:55 PM (PDT)

A very good critique