2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
Great Car with some annoying issues
By teaton1 on 08/25/13 09:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought in May 2011 in Wisconsin. Brought the car to Central Europe where we now live. Very comfortable and tolerates the many bad roads in our region with aplomb.

Never thought I would LOVE an efficient car!
By motoxer913 on 01/09/12 15:37 PM (PST)

I'm a car nut and I proclaim this THE PERFECT CAR!! The TDI motor #1 is why I love this car. I can drive 600 miles on a single tank, consistent 35-43 MPG at normal speeds. I don't baby my car, I like to have fun while I drive and yet it still gets 35+ mpg. On a weekend road trip it got 43mpg at 80mph. #2 is the Wagon and roof rack. A recent road trip to Steamboat Springs my wife and I had 2 road bikes inside and 2 mtn bikes on the rack plus gear. So flexible!! #3 This car is proof that selling my truck that was costing $300+/month gas was the right decision. I enjoy driving it more, it cut my gas usage by 1/3, and it's plenty flexible to transport cargo and toys.

Great automobile
By rchkah on 10/26/11 10:18 AM (PDT)

Purchased the car in April and have just over 14,000 miles on it. Always averaging 42 mpg. Love everything about the car. If I have an issue it would be somewhat jerky in town driving like it is searching for the right gear. Mine is an automatic so I can always downshift it to increase the RPMs. Snow season will soon be coming and I hope winter traction is good.

the wheels haven't fallen off yet.
By rakiura on 09/01/11 19:29 PM (PDT)

Fun to drive on the twisties. Not Mini Cooper S fun, but good enough for a wagon. MPG so far is in the 40s. Has adequate power in the mountains , and plenty of power for passing and merging into highway traffic. It was hard to keep the RPMs low during the 1000 mi break in period.

Better Bang For Your Buck - And Fun
By mywagencan on 07/25/11 07:29 AM (PDT)

20 years of Crown Victorias and I'm loving my Sportwagen. 10000 miles in two months. Mileage is awesome, plenty of power - fun to drive. Comfortable seats and best equipped for the price. I couldn't be happier with my choice. On fairly level ground with cruise at 75mph and A/C on I was at 47mpg average over four hours! Drops in the mountains but still beats a V8 gas engine. Great looking car too. Thanks VW!

Simply A Great & Well Designed Car
By jones0602 on 03/03/11 12:42 PM (PST)

I bought my 2011 TDI Sportwagen about 5 months ago and without a doubt feel this car was the right decision. The MPG is nice, yes diesel is more expensive, but when you get 40+ MPG with the power of the TDI, it more then makes up for the price of gas. I got the GPS/iPod upgrade which I use everyday. The 2011 VW GPS is 10x better then my old Garmin. I am 6'6" and comfortably fit into the drivers seat. The heated seats are perfect for NE winters, plus this past winter I never had to wait once till the engine heated up before it would turn over and start up. Just a solid and well designed car from top to bottom.

Nice Car
By pwagen on 01/23/11 09:31 AM (PST)

I have had this car just over a month. I am really surprised at how much I like it. I am getting 42MPG per tank. I am not trying to save fuel and I don't baby the car. This includes commuting to work and several trips around town. I drive around 75 to 80 MPH avarage on the turnpike. I have the manual transmisson. The car really has some low end power going through the gears. The seats and interior are very compartable. I have received comments from everyone that has been in the car on the quality of the interior. I went to test drive the Golf TDI and saw this sitting next to it. This car is like mini mercedes! Go test drive this before you buy a Prius or other high MPG car!

Love It
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

I love my TDI. I average about 38-41 MPG on a tank of diesel. In highway- only situations I yield about 45 MPG. My all-time record is 49 MPG on a 250 mile round trip. Expect about 560-600 miles out of a tank. But MPG is only half the story with the TDI. It feels a lot quicker than it actually is because of the torque. But that being said, it is no slow poke. Ingear acceleration is great if you shift quickly through the gears, but the engine runs out of steam in the high RPM range. The suspension setup is great, so the TDI is great in the twisty stuff. The only competitor that I can think of is the Audi A3 or Prius. The audis is smaller and more expensive. The Prius is slow and hates corners.

tdi
By ray on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

the vw sportswagon that we purchased has such a smooth ride and the seats are comfortable on our backs while driving or as the passenger, the idea of not bending over into the trunk to pull out grocerys is also a plus, we belive that we bought our best car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel in VA is:

$137 per month*