Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Jetta-sportwagen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:

Great Car with some annoying issues
By teaton1

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Diesel TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought in May 2011 in Wisconsin. Brought the car to Central Europe where we now live. Very comfortable and tolerates the many bad roads in our region with aplomb.

Favorite Features

Likes: Comfortable seats Great highway cruiser Terrific gas mileage Information center Quiet Solid

Suggested Improvements

Headrests! You need a screw driver to push a lever to release the front head reats. But, you need a credit card or the like to remove the rear headrests! Or is it the other way around. Volkswagen; There already is a button to push to adjust the head rests, why the extra work! This is really annoying! Aerodynamics. Great gas mileage but in sloppy weather, the rear end collects muck like a rednecks boots. The rear wiper is a must!

Never thought I would LOVE an efficient car!
By motoxer913

I'm a car nut and I proclaim this THE PERFECT CAR!! The TDI motor #1 is why I love this car. I can drive 600 miles on a single tank, consistent 35-43 MPG at normal speeds. I don't baby my car, I like to have fun while I drive and yet it still gets 35+ mpg. On a weekend road trip it got 43mpg at 80mph. #2 is the Wagon and roof rack. A recent road trip to Steamboat Springs my wife and I had 2 road bikes inside and 2 mtn bikes on the rack plus gear. So flexible!! #3 This car is proof that selling my truck that was costing $300+/month gas was the right decision. I enjoy driving it more, it cut my gas usage by 1/3, and it's plenty flexible to transport cargo and toys.

Favorite Features

-TDI motor and 6 speed manual are a great match...I love having a manual transmission...so much fun! -The huge panoramic sunroof is awesome, kids love it! -Good sound system with iPod, MP3, and SD card. -Fun to Drive!! -Wagon is super flexible for cargo and toys -Roof rack is strong and easy to attach racks to -Interior styling is very attractive -It's literally THE PERFECT CAR

Suggested Improvements

Fix the mini-van looking rear end, it's too bubbly for my taste, but not terrible. Better blue-tooth, it's missing a lot of features, but performs good. The sunshade on the panoramic sunroof should be more than a sunshade, it should also be a sound barrier to reduce wind noise from using a roof rack system. It's too easy to stall the motor...kind of weird since it's a diesel and all. Not available in AWD. Need additional diesel motor options in the USA

Great automobile
By rchkah

Purchased the car in April and have just over 14,000 miles on it. Always averaging 42 mpg. Love everything about the car. If I have an issue it would be somewhat jerky in town driving like it is searching for the right gear. Mine is an automatic so I can always downshift it to increase the RPMs. Snow season will soon be coming and I hope winter traction is good.

Favorite Features

Mileage, handling, acceleration.

the wheels haven't fallen off yet.
By rakiura

Fun to drive on the twisties. Not Mini Cooper S fun, but good enough for a wagon. MPG so far is in the 40s. Has adequate power in the mountains , and plenty of power for passing and merging into highway traffic. It was hard to keep the RPMs low during the 1000 mi break in period.

Favorite Features

low-end torque, high mpg, lots of room for stuff.

Better Bang For Your Buck - And Fun
By mywagencan

20 years of Crown Victorias and I'm loving my Sportwagen. 10000 miles in two months. Mileage is awesome, plenty of power - fun to drive. Comfortable seats and best equipped for the price. I couldn't be happier with my choice. On fairly level ground with cruise at 75mph and A/C on I was at 47mpg average over four hours! Drops in the mountains but still beats a V8 gas engine. Great looking car too. Thanks VW!

Favorite Features

Equipment, seats (with heat and heated mirrors) Sound system with blue tooth

Suggested Improvements

Parking lights. Different solution to adjusting tilt steering. Ability to turn off Daytime Running Lights