2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
Fuel injector #5 replacements and counting
By lsap on 05/13/14 15:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

All started in the winter at about 58k. Bought care used with 34k. Got it for the gas milage as i drive 100 miles highway/ day. Check engine light came on, took it i , vw said had to replace fuel injector. Less than a month later, was in for 2nd fuel injector replacement. Vw didnt think anything abnormal about 2 going bad. Less that a month later car back in twice because of ANOTHER FUEL INJECTOR, and the key ignition switch (locks click on and off when car pulls to a stop). 2 weeks ago, check engine late on AGaIN, VW international said they sent the dealer a faulty one, and they are replacing on that was already replaced 2 months ago. Guess what happened today, after only driving 600 miles.

WV STILL HAS WORK TO DO
By charliej2 on 05/04/14 08:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Overall, it's a decent car that gets great fuel mileage, but we've had multiple problems where the 3 year old car has left us stranded. Radio was replaced twice, paint is peeling near the driver's side door, flapper valve failed (warranty was extended on this part), and now we get the Immobilizer Active error where the instrument cluster has failed. It's not a car I would buy again. Not so sure I would buy any VW product again as my sister has had nothing but problems with her two VWs.

An excellent all round car
By nij on 12/26/13 13:21 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 3 years now. Used it for pretty much everything -> Haul cargo ( 500+ miles ), furniture from ikea. With the rear seats folded, i was able to completely assembled computer table in it. Although i wish the car was a little wider. Commuter car -> I use it to commute 30+ miles daily and it is a quiet and smooth ride. the standard seat heaters help in winter. The car was covered under the factory free maintenance until now, so i haven't had to spend any extra money on it. The car averages 28-32 mpg ( city - highway ) for me. The highway ride is smooth and comfortable. I haven't spent any money on repairs so far and have 45K+ miles on it.

I'll miss mine forever...
By markap57 on 11/28/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I had my 2010 Sportwagen for only 10 months. It was totaled in a recent head-on accident. The car held together remarkably well and we were not hurt. Mine was purchased used in Jan. 2013. We had no problems except for the AC which wasn't cold enough. My car even had navigation and upgraded wheels which I wasn't expecting. I've had a very satisfying ownership experience with this car especially at 41mpg. It was everything I expected and more. I plan to buy another one in a few years. I rather liked having the only one around in my town. The Tornado Red color always drew attention and we received many compliments on it.

German Engineering in MEXICO?
By fishingfewl on 10/09/13 18:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

German Engineering? I was VERY dissappointed to find out (after purchasing ) that my car was assembled in Mexico with 35% of the parts made in Mexico also.Anything that is made from plastic can and will break. Be sure to lubricate the vents with armorall as if you dont they will stick and in my case break and just fall apart when trying to adjust them . aty 36,500 miles the the A/C compressor took a dump. 10,000 miles later it is on it's way out again. I purchased it at Compass Motors in Middletown . I would not suggest buying anything from here as they do not like to stand by the factory warranty . They can and will try to take every penny out of your pocket . In 0ver 15x 4 repairs A+mpg

Great Car with some annoying issues
By teaton1 on 08/25/13 09:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought in May 2011 in Wisconsin. Brought the car to Central Europe where we now live. Very comfortable and tolerates the many bad roads in our region with aplomb.

Perfect in all but an A/C way
By pekingrick on 07/21/13 12:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought my Jetta Sportwagen TDI in May 2011, and now have 99,000 km on it. I've religiously followed the recommendations for the servicing of the car (only 1 oil can be bought at Pep Boys - at 13.00 per Liter!), but have changed the tires to Nitto Motivos (wow! great tires!), and change my air filters myself. So far - I'm on the original ceramic brake pads. Very cool.

Fun to drive but many problems
By osucowboy86 on 04/03/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Bought new in 2011. Really liked the look of the car and the performance of the car. Gas mileage was superb. Was a good car until about 25,000 miles then problems started happening. The AC compressor got out. The radio had to be replaced 4 times. There was also a short in the ignition system. Thankfully they were all covered under the warranty, but it was a pain to have to take it in to the dealership. Also the DSG transmission is the worst.

Stay away
By tim208 on 03/29/13 21:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I work for a company with 24 vehicles of this Jetta model. We drive about 100 miles a day and most of the cars are now close to 100k miles. Two cars so far has been taken out of service due to costly repairs. I drove most of the cars and they all had the diesel injector problem before 35k miles which was covered by warranty ($9k estimate repair and a week at the shop) BUT a lot more problems will occur afterward including turbo replacement. I had to change the whole A/C kit twice (at 50k and 90k) the cost to repair is over $2k. The dealership was a great help but I would suggest to stay away. Oh, and you will change the front tires many times due to the vain spinning at take off

Full pump issue
By kidtaxi1 on 12/04/12 04:59 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have 66,220 miles on my car and the fuel pump went out. The vehicle started loosing power and when we came to a stop it died and wouldn't start again. The warranty runs out at 30k and if they would have worked with me it was going to cost $2100. The dealership told me that pieces of metal were seen and would need to do a full system flush also.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen in VA is:

$129 per month*