2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Consumer Review: First Year with the Hybrid Jet

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid - Consumer Review

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid

SE Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo Hybrid 7-speed Automated Manual)

First Year with the Hybrid Jetta
By geoff_ct on

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I've driven my 2013 Hybrid Jetta for a full year now and while I like the car it's worth sharing my experience. First, I've had some quality issues that required pretty major dealer service. The AC did not work at all and required 3 days in the dealership to re-program. Next the climate sync and off did not work and required that the climate module be replaced. I had to return to the dealer to have the AC turned on again after the climate control module was replaced. Most recently a vacuum pump failed and the check hybrid and check engine lights went on. I was averaging 42.7 mpg but lately it's down to 37.5. I think the change is due to my reduced efforts at driving economically.

It's 2016 and I've driven the hybrid Jetta for 47k. It's a good high speed, highway car that likes the corners, too. I rent cars regularly and any cars in the mid size category don't drive as well or have the same level of finish. So far, very good now that the initial quality issues are behind me.

• Active safety
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review