Pretty much as advertized -- fun to drive hybrid!
By nareautogo on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)
I'm 3000 miles on the premium model (no xenon fender or camera) but still quite nice. Gets 45 mpg if you drive 60-65 also nice is that in traffic (where can't accelerate too much) you'll still get 40 mpg or so. Drive like a sports car though -- 35ish. But, moreso, I've been driving hybrids since 2003 and love how this car handles, accelerates and has comfortable drive. VW did really well this car. Quiet ride to boot. I know people will say the "diesel" gives you more bang for your buck...BUT DIESEL IS NOT AS GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AS UNLEADED, even "clean" diesel" -- it's just cleaner than previous diesel. This one gets ZERO emissions about 25% and can be more. Much better epa.gov ratings.
Favorite Features
-clean interior and layout -nice handling -good mpg even when driving aggressively -zero emissions 20%, even more if less aggressive driving -good visibility as driver -better than expected rear leg room -nice audio even when not Fender -very good bluetooth quality calls (people can't tell I'm in car)
Suggested Improvements
-lumbar support on front side seats -rear AC standard (get it on premium, not here) -no traffic on GPS -stronger battery to keep in zero emissions longer at low mpg -cost is up there if you get SEL or SEL premium -needs premium fuel
By admiralstarfox
on 09/26/14 10:57 AM (PDT)

I'm going to help you out. your car gets zero emissions when it's using the electric motor, as soon as the battery is depleted to a predetermined point, or you mash the pedal, or it's bloody cold, the motor turns over and produces emissions while burning gasoline. it's been proven that diesel is better in many ways as per the environment. in my 09 Jetta, I burn B5-B20 from the pump, smells nice, motor runs smoother, and I'm going a little further on a tank. straight diesel for automotive is usually B5 anyway.