2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta Hybrid model:
a new kind of vehicle
By may22 on 05/28/14 15:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

brought my 2009 jetta into the dealer to resolve a problem , and while waiting browsed the show room and met a used dealer jetta hybrid on display , went for a demo drive and bought the demo 2013 jetta hybrid SEL . although the 2009 jetta is a great car to drive with plenty of torque , the hybrid is quieter , smother with a bunch of bells and whistles . and drives like a cloud , compared to the tdi jetta , and gets 49 -50 MPG. average for a month worth of driving averaged 47 MPG. although having to use premium gasoline (that is cheaper than diesel) the MPG is a little better than the TDI . of all the vehicles I have had over the many years the TDI was the most fun to drive. hybrid +

First Year with the Hybrid Jetta
By geoff_ct on 03/07/14 15:23 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I've driven my 2013 Hybrid Jetta for a full year now and while I like the car it's worth sharing my experience. First, I've had some quality issues that required pretty major dealer service. The AC did not work at all and required 3 days in the dealership to re-program. Next the climate sync and off did not work and required that the climate module be replaced. I had to return to the dealer to have the AC turned on again after the climate control module was replaced. Most recently a vacuum pump failed and the check hybrid and check engine lights went on. I was averaging 42.7 mpg but lately it's down to 37.5. I think the change is due to my reduced efforts at driving economically.

Perfect...Except "Where's the 48MPG"...???
By kksdad on 12/13/13 14:20 PM (PST)

Our Jetta Hybrid will be a year old next month, my wife's the primary driver and she loves it, but, I LOVE it more, and enjoy driving it so much whenever she "lets me"...!!! don't be fooled by the fact this is a "hybrid", VW has "done it right" with great handling, performance and fuel economy (that cold be BETTER..more details below...) for a car that we are happy to own and have NO regrets in buying. Our 16 yo daughter "can't wait" to get her hands on it when she starts to drive..."in her dreams"....!!!

Exceeding expectations
By drm14 on 08/22/13 11:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

As a current TDI owner I've enjoyed great performance and economy. I was skeptical of the hybrid, but I have been surprised to be getting better than EPA estimates for mpg, usually mid 40s to low 50s. The car does not need to be driven slow, but you need to maximize the time the car is driving under battery power or sailing. The power meter helps a lot with this. Aggressive driving will lower mpg considerably. The road feel is great and the DSG is very smooth. The 1.4L TSI is very torquey and the car feels quick. I have the SEL which is nicely equipped. I think the hybrids compliment the TDIs nicely. The hybrid is ideal for those driving around town and on crowded highways.

Pretty much as advertized -- fun to drive hybrid!
By nareautogo on 04/24/13 10:48 AM (PDT)

I'm 3000 miles on the premium model (no xenon fender or camera) but still quite nice. Gets 45 mpg if you drive 60-65 also nice is that in traffic (where can't accelerate too much) you'll still get 40 mpg or so. Drive like a sports car though -- 35ish. But, moreso, I've been driving hybrids since 2003 and love how this car handles, accelerates and has comfortable drive. VW did really well this car. Quiet ride to boot. I know people will say the "diesel" gives you more bang for your buck...BUT DIESEL IS NOT AS GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AS UNLEADED, even "clean" diesel" -- it's just cleaner than previous diesel. This one gets ZERO emissions about 25% and can be more. Much better epa.gov ratings.

Jetta Hybrid Works For Me
By jpa010 on 03/25/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

Despite the elevated cost of the SEL Premium version, I needed a commuter car with excellent mpg specs, and being a VW fan, was drawn to the Jetta Hybrid. Previously I'd owned a 2011 GTi, but didn't care for the 28mpg part of ownership (but a blast to drive, for sure). Having driven several Prius vehicles, I learned to dislike the golf-cart like CVT, so the 7 speed DSG of the Jetta Hybrid was a huge plus. I love this car so far, and 46 mpg is my mileage after two tanks of (premium) fuel. Build quality seems a notch above a base Jetta. The Fender audio is as good as anything a manufacturer has ever put into a car, IMHO. Thank you VW for an alternative to TDI!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.