2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Consumer Reviews

2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta GLI model:
Almost but Not Quite
By happy163 on 01/04/15 02:55 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition 30 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Alright, this is the third VW i've owned and they all ranged from the years 2013-2014. VW has definitely went the cheap route when designing these vehicles. Growing up we had VW vanagon and the build quality on that thing was amazing it made it pat 200K and the body and interior was still superb. This VW however was cheaply made, the seats were this synthetic cheap leather, the stick shift is bit notch and the steering is way too light. I hated the fact that I had the Fender sound system but the thing rattled like a rattle snake! So annoying. The engine however is soo much fun and makes you think twice about there only being 200 ponies under that hood.

GLI DSG Edition30 w/Nav
By chi_mike on 05/08/14 19:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition 30 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I picked up my brand new 2014 GLI Edition30 w/Navigation on Saturday, May 3rd, and I'm completely in love with the car. The power from the 2.0L turbocharged engine feels much greater than the figures suggest (210HP/207ft/lb torque). The DSG transmission takes some getting used to, hence why it is listed under both Favorite Features AND Suggested Improvements. The car literally drives like a manual transmission-equipped vehicle. The car lurches forward when breaking to a complete stop due to the sporty transmission downshifting through the gears. This all contributes to the "sporty" factor, and while it can be pleasurable, I do a lot of commuting in heavy traffic and it can become annoying.

Amazing Car
By adam_s on 03/16/14 17:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car Has so far been AMAZING. It is all around an amazing car with Great MPG... currently my average is 31 with mixed driving. This car is very fast. I beat mustangs an camaros in it and it is very comfortable and smooth on the highway.

GLI - Best Jetta Ever
By jpcarvajal on 01/19/14 04:52 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've been a proud owner of almost all VW lineup. While the best engine from VW is the Diesel with the 6 speed manual, the rest of the Jettas are a complete downgrade from previous generations. The good news folks is that VW created the GLI and this car has all the technical specs from the GTI. Suspension, performance, brakes, tires, wheels, interior design, etc. The car drives like a German car. All other Jettas are boring daily commuters. Go test drive one, you won't find a similar performance on any other sedan, unless you have $35K. Keep in mind that the base GLI is selling for $26K. I got mine for $24K. Sadly, the review from Edmunds is disappointing. These guys love Japanese cars.