2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta GLI model:
What car were the Edmunds people driving???
By peteydrives on 03/16/14 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have no idea what car the people at Edmunds were driving, but they are either insane or on the take. I have had my GLI for about 30 months, and I absolutely love it, and my only complaints are about some missing features (which are on the new cars, except for rain sensing wipers). Edmunds suggests that you consider other cars. Really? What, pray tell, can you buy LOADED for under 30K, that feels like a tight German sedan with a MANUAL tranny? The answer is NOTHING. For perspective, here are the cars in my past 1985 GTI, 1990 Corrado, BMW 330i, 2007 Audi A3, 1994 Porsche 911 Carrera and a sprinkling of SUV's. I sold my 911 because, frankly, the Audi was just more fun to drive and less

12k Miles So Far
By wave27 on 10/07/13 21:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Hard to find a manual transmission in a practical, affordable and sporty car these days. After 12k miles I'm still having a great time driving it, lots of fun to step on the gas and take it through the mtns. Actually a pretty big car inside and the trunk is huge. Not the fastest out there but for the price it can't be beat. Only been in for included scheduled maintenance, no squeaks or rattles and nothing annoying me yet. Seats are very comfortable even driving 800 miles in one day. Looks more grown up than most similar cars (civic si, focus st, mazdaspeed3) and flies under the radar for the most part. Torque really pulls you in second gear, thanks to vw for making an audi a4 I can afford!

Great Pick
By nsc1 on 08/25/13 09:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my thirteenth car ranging from an E-class to Suzuki Sidekick. With 1000 miles on my car to date, this is a great blend of fun, business and comfort. I need something able to accommodate 4 adults comfortable for work at times, capable of being fast and agile, and relaxing when I want to chill out. It offers all of that. The nav system could be better if it offered traffic alerts, but with all other amenities, I can live without it. For those who say it is not fast, I would recommend trying the manual. I have no issues at all with great German handling and speed in all gears.

I'm Impressed!
By jc3513 on 07/16/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall a great car w/over 4k miles! Downgrading from a Maxima I expected much less. I'm consistently getting 29-31 MPG on the highway. Awesome turbo-engine that makes a killer growling noise! Telematics is the best I've seen,..very sporty look inside & out! nice build quality is apparent upfront. BT/touchscreen radio is very good to not be the "premium" option. Love the red stitched seats and black bucket seats and you should know the AC blows really cold!! Nice chrome double-tipped exhaust.

Great fun and Vakue !!
By bankboy66 on 05/08/13 20:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn 4dr Sedan w/Navigation, Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Only 1000 miles the car, but so far very fun, comfortable and gets lots of looks. Navigation leaves a little to be desired, but all controls are simple to use and laid out very well. Getting about 28 mpg all around on semi spirited driving. Great on the highway, but watch those potholes with the low profile tires. I was very close to getting a Kia Optima SX-L, but the GLI cost less, was less to insure had a larger trunk and back seat, and had free scheduled maintenance. Hope my time with the car stays positive

Just an all around solid vehicle
By gio629 on 02/23/13 12:49 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn 4dr Sedan w/Navigation, Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 1k miles on my 2013 Jetta GLI and I am really enjoying this car. You can definitely feel the quality in this car when driving it, and it has plenty of room for an adult or car seat in the back. While you won't be blown away with power, it is still a quick car that packs enough punch for easy highway passing. One of the most addicting things about the car for me, is the great noise that comes from the turbo even at very low RPMs (1500ish). Overall, there is nothing that is superior to it's competitors, but it does everything very, very well.

Almost perfect!
By ronbham on 02/15/13 11:31 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Big bang for the buck, fun to drive, German engineering, good fit and finish. A lot of car for under 30k. Comfortable interior for a sub-compact.

Great Car
By johnny124 on 02/07/13 10:55 AM (PST)

I have a 2013 Gli Autobahn W/Nav my only complaint is the small screen but other then that the car comes with so many little toys for under 30k. Its very fun to drive and gets alooooot of attention, it turns heads. The tires that come with the car are HORRIBLE though. Wow really bad, no grip. The cars Leatherrette is very comftrable and the seats do hug you, the steering wheel is very awesome. I have a 2011 Porshce 911 turbo and the noise this little 2.0 tsi makes is comparible and AMAZING. It sounds like a baby AMG with a little porsche turbo/vtech TSSSS. Very good commuter car, I went to the dealer and drove everything they had this car just stood out i HAD TO BUY IT. Its Fantastic

Value Value Value!
By dwalzz on 01/30/13 09:42 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Autobahn PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Navigation, Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

the GLI doesnt do anything absolutely perfect in its class, but in my opinion, is best in class in terms of overall value. the engine, 6spd manual and interior are all fantastic. the exterior is above average and now with the LED lights, it looks good in my book. Exterior could be slightly more aggressive, but not a deal breaker. has plenty of room in back seat as well, and great trunk. the practicality of this car is so good its silly. if you are the kind of person that recognizes cars in this class will never be raced at a track, the balance of engine and chasis is perfect for day to day roads (with lots of potholes...).

GLI Autobahn w/nav review
By tunafizzish on 01/15/13 11:04 AM (PST)

After about a thousand miles on the GLI, I thought I would write a quick review. I'll start by saying that I test-drove most small to midsized cars and this was my absolute favorite of the bunch. The car is fun to drive. The handling and little turbo engine really go well together. In addition, it comes completely loaded for under $30k (after a little negotiating). The ride is a little stiff compared to other jettas, but the sport suspension will do that. Also, I am about 6'6'' and can very comfortably drive this car. Love the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI in VA is:

$143 per month*