2015 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Great car, super fun to drive
By puremojo on 06/19/14 09:15 AM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I drove a 2008 Mk5 GTI for about 2 years (closer to 3) before driving and later purchasing the Mk7. Performance is great - I don't feel the car slip, I don't feel any torque steer with the added torque and HP, and I definitely feel the car accelerate quickly when getting on highways etc. I guess my one gripe so far, and I'm not even sure if this is an issue, is that when it gets into second gear and the RPM is around 1000, the engine sounds like it's grinding. It's getting checked out next week and I haven't noticed it affecting performance, but this may be a side effect of the newer engines that the Mk7s have. Also, black paint is subject to spiderwebbing, but that's normal.

My perfect all-around car
By scottyb32 on 06/17/14 13:35 PM (PDT)

2015 Volkswagen GTI SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a black on black SE with the manual as soon as the MK7 was available. So far I've put 1300 miles on it in 2 weeks, including a trip to NJ and back. I can say that the car is not only very fun to drive, but it's also comfortable on a road trip. Over the hills and mountains of PA I averaged 33 mpg, which is pretty solid if you ask me. Handling is sharp, the seats hug you, and the build quality reminds me of more pricey German cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.