2013 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Review: Thunder Bunny

2013 Volkswagen GTI - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual w/Convenience, Sunroof)

Thunder Bunny
By judge67 on

2013 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Simply amazing car... the 2.0 Turbo is quick. It is strong all through the rev range, very little turbo lag. I drive a considerable distance on the interstate, and it revs high at 75-80 mph (turning over 3000 rpm). As such, I have to work to get 30 mpg out of it, although at 60 it gets mid-30's easy. It has an Audi-grade interior and fit/finish, love the plaid seats and they are very comfortable (and heated!). The gauges light up white/grey/red and match the upholstory well. This is the only car on the planet that I prefer the automatic over a stick; the DSG is brilliant! My car also has the Pirelli tires as opposed to the Dunlops. The GTI is a ball to drive, but civilized, too.

Quick, agile, great interior, much bigger inside than you'd think. Nice electronics, Bluetooth phone/iPhone interface, very good stock stereo. Love the sunroof, too.

That 6th gear could be a bit taller for mileage. I've only had the car about a month, so can't attest to reliability or cold weather capabilities, although I'm encouraged by what others have posted. The car is more expensive than it's competition... but it's money well spent: everything is Audi quality in this car.