Driver's car
By foggnm on
2012 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Because I drive so little (4000 miles/yr), I wanted something sporty, stylish, and most of all fun! So after trying several other cars the past 2 years, I found exactly what I wanted in a GTI. It has the perfect balance of sport, economy, and adult-styling. It is quick, but not gas-wasting fast. It is nicely outfitted on the inside, has a wonderful exhaust/turbo sound, and looks sharp from the outside. This car is a bit pricey new, but I found mine one year used with 6000 miles for an awesome price. Got the model with navigation which also has the attractive and functional bi-xenon/LED lights. I'm sure there are longer lasting, more reliable cars, but life's too short not to enjoy your car.
Favorite Features
LED lights, hatchback convenience, DynAudio system, styling, handling, easy to park, fluid manual transmission, overall driving experience.
Suggested Improvements
VW could probably sell a million of these cars if they priced them about $5K less. The one I purchased would have run about $28-29K new, which is a lot for a small car. I would have liked to have a power drivers seat that allows for tilting the seat cushion (that part you sit on). Homelink would have been nice. The seat side bolsters are a little narrow (and I'm tall and thin).