A ride above the rest!
By cjcanada on
2012 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
This is my first VW and it's been great! I bought my fully loaded 2012 gti in July 2012 and now have almost 12K on it (7400 Miles) and have had no issues. I have even taken it on a road trip from Alberta Canada to California and back (5600 km) and no issues whatsoever. This is a great car and fun to drive. I have no rattles or issues with this car so far. Love this car! Very few dislikes. I would recommend this car as a daily fun commuter car. I have the DSG and love it! Sport mode revs too high though. The car is a little light on the front end. Spin the tires often.
Favorite Features
Interior finish is the best I've seen. Very classy. Great handling. Self leveling headlamps and LED daytime lights are a nice touch. Plenty of room in the hatch. Nice looking car on the outside. Dynaudio is a great sound system but could use a subwoofer. Navigation system saved my relationship on the road trip I took! Works wonders.
Suggested Improvements
The bolstered leather seats are snug and I am 6'2" tall and long in the legs so I find the bolsters uncomfortable. Probably great for average height persons. The turbo lag off the start was a little hard to get used to but I don't notice it as much now. Definitely not a car for drag racing but does great for zipping in and out of traffic. Nav system a little slow but easy enough to live with. The city I live in has terrible roads but this car has pretty darned good suspension even with the serron wheel package. Would suggest the 17 inch wheels for better comfort however.