Smiles all around
By bucknut on
2011 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Bought in September and now have just over 3,000 miles. Always puts smile on my face. Is it the fastest in it's class, no. Reality is after the first week or two... how many 0-60 trials are you really doing? I wanted sporty, fun, fast that could still get the fam around. My finalists were BMW 328i, Audi A4, GTI, and CC. Questioned reliability of BMW recently, Audi was my choice, but ultimately was able to get more features but same fit & finish in the VW for less. Liked the CC which but I felt I really needed the flexibility of the middle seat. Hello GTI, hello smiles, waves, thumbs ups from onlookers. I get seat of the pants fun w/mpg like my Honda. Can't beat German handling & feel
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage, real world to work driving I'm at 26-27mpg. That's a city driving & frwy. Freeway trips have netted 31-32mpg. Hugely fun to drive, great styling doesn't attract too much attention, interior is excellent and Bluetooth, Nav, Dyanaudio work really intelligently together and well.
Suggested Improvements
My biggest complaint... no auto dimming rear view mirror option. It should be standard in all cars these days. The vent controls for a/c & heat could be better... difficult to see where little dial is pointing.