Exactly What I Expected and Thought I Wanted.
By bwschubert on
2011 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I feel this car has delivered exactly what was promised based on reputation and car magazine reviews. It is fun to drive, especially with the sweet shifting manual and quickly spooling engine, the ergonomics are exactly aligned to how I think, and the hatchback practicality is obviously a big plus. I have had absolutely zero reliability issues over 16,000 miles and 13 months and have not experienced any poor customer service when I have been to the dealership. After a over a year though, I cannot stand the leather seats as they are not perforated and are always disgustingly hot, and the exterior styling looks cheap from some angles.
Favorite Features
Excellent interior design and quality, auto adjusting bi-xenon headlights are great at night, interior features, practicality, fun to drive, open feeling greenhouse with large side windows.
Suggested Improvements
Perforated leather!! More power, RWD (don't tell me I could have got the Golf R, it is a rip off at $35,000 with minimal performance increases), more exciting styling, more than 4 A/C fan speeds.