Don't pass up the GTI!
By dafish2 on
2011 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I was a bit skeptical about purchasing a VW as I don't know many individuals that have purchased them. I see a lot of Honda and Toyota's on the road and not as many VW's. I have always been an admirer or German design and they have been known for solid engineering. I'm about 6 feet and it fits my figure very well. Feature for feature you can't compare the value with other cars, as they are left in the dust! This car would sell more if the dealerships would carry more automatic versions. The mileage is much better than listed. My only dissatisfaction is the rattling noise when the engine revs past 3K RPM. I'm very pleased to have purchased this car as it is an awesome car to drive!
Favorite Features
Turbo gives this car great acceleration. Handling is supreme! VW thought of everything and this car has every feature you would need in a car. The bluetooth audio quality is impeccable. If you don't want a sunroof and NAV the standard version has a complete line of features.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the rattling noise when the engine revs above 3K RPM. Thermostat is temperamental as it has a tendency to forget its settings unless you reset the dial. Suggested gas grade is 91 or above which is a negative now that gas prices are high.