2 years and still fun
By vincevw329 on
2011 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I live in the NE and use my 2011 VW GTI, DSGwSunroof as a commuter, after 2 years. I continue to enjoy driving with no breakdowns, rattles, or any problems. Mileage is up to 16000 and I recently drove a 750mi one way road trip and this car was fine, but of course small. Everything still applies from my 1 year review. I read in depth about the Bluetooth problem and there is no solution. When using the system and go to make a call with the voice, the volume is simply too loud, I've tried all different adjustments. I have had the experience to use other BT systems and overall the VW system is the best. Only wear after 2 years is the side bolster. Customer service at the dealer has been good.
Favorite Features
Build quality is top notch. Recently drove a Mazda 3 (competitor) and was shocked how sloppy everything was. The seams line up better and materials nicer than my Wife's more expensive car. The Bluetooth works great, press the button, say the name, and confirm and your making a call or go through the menus on the display, very easy. I like the firm seats and the cloth shows very little to no signs of wear. The driving experience is the real strong suit of all VWs. If you've never driven one, go take a test drive, it's free, you'll like it or hate it. Rear seats are easy to fold down with tons of room in the back for alot of gear. While more expensive than the comp. to me it's worth it.
Suggested Improvements
Software could fix that really annoying BT volume problem. At $28+ I expect a better rear-view mirror. Storage, what little there is, is small. I understand the Euro version is packed with cubby's of storage but that had to be stripped out of the U.S. version to help pay for the Federally mandated safety systems like TPMS because we're to lazy to check our tire pressure. Please find a way to work some more storage back in without increasing the price. Sometimes there is a gas pedal lag, not sure what's going on there but when it does happen, it's scary when in traffic.