1 year with the GTI
By vincevw329 on
2011 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 4dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I live in the NE and use my 2011 VW GTI, DSGwSunroof as a daily commuter and recently drove a 250 road trip with it. Overall it's been a very likeable car. Appearance is still very new with just over 8000 miles on it. I notice some slight wear in the left hand side bolster on the drivers seat from entering/exiting. No squeaks or rattles or any other hickups in my year of driving. The interior is in great shape and I have become accustomed to all the controls. I don't care for the round knobs on the sunroof control and climate controls, more on that later. Also a feature I'm not fond of is the tiny rear-view mirror. I especially like the bluetooth, very easy to use. Back seat access is fair.
Favorite Features
Heated seats work good and heat up quickly. Bluetooth operation except voice control (see below). Firm seats are great, even on a longer trip. Performance is great and when not speeding around, it's really good on gas. Stereo (6cd/Sat) sounds good.
Suggested Improvements
Knobs - my 08 Jetta had slotted knobs that you knew what position it was in by feel, perfect. 11' GTI has round knobs that have detents and a little larger detent in the major positions but the major detent feels too much like any other position to know (without looking) exactly what position the knob is really in. Stronger major detents would hlep. The volume for the BT voice response is way to high. I have the "Phone Volume" set about 60% to hear and be heard during most calls. If I use the BT voice activation at 60% it literally hurts my ears.... Listen... turn it down! Last and least - that stupid little rear view mirror, for 28,000 can we get a descent mirror? I still like the car!