What a car!
By cobraboy1 on
2010 Volkswagen GTI PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Wow, this car is totally amazing! I spent 3months test driving all different cars in the class, bordering the class, and in classes above and beneath just to narrow down everything. In the end I decided on the Certified Pre-Owned 2010 VW GTI, which I bought for 19.5k with just 16k miles on the clock. The top three for me were, in the end, the GTI, Mazdaspeed 3, and the WRX Hatch. Third place was the WRX because while I loved the AWD and the power. I really didn't like the price, nobody orders the base models. the Speed3 was close but didn't have the refinement of the GTI.
Favorite Features
Love the shifter, its just schick, schick, schick smooth. The power is instantaneous with darn near zero turbo lag, and with just an additional 600.00 you can get a stage 1 mod and it doesn't void the warranty giving you another 55hp! The seats are absolutely incredible and the plaid pattern is really beautiful to look at. I really really love the bi-zenon headlights that turn with you when you turn the steering wheel to go around bends, THAT was a brand new feature for me.
Suggested Improvements
If I had to think of one; I hate it that to switch cds in the six disc changer you have to go through 3 different menus to get to the one to switch cds, there is no simple way to use the touch screen radio to switch cds.